Cream of fresh tomatoes and red onions in oil with scent of Basil skins
Ingredients for 4 persons:
- 2 kg of very mature tomatoes
- 1 bunch of fresh basil
- 3 red onions
- 2 bay leaves
- Olio Poldo monovarietale di Leccino Oil
Method of cooking
- Wash and peel the tomatoes, keep the skins and cut the pulp into pieces (if you prefer to remove most of the seeds), put it in a marinated bowl with the fried basil, an abundant spoonful of Olio Poldo monovarietale leccino and a pinch of salt.
- In the meantime, clean the onions and slices, season with 2-3 tablespoons of Olio Poldo monovarietale Leccino, the laurel cut and little salt, put them in a frying pan, cover them and with a very low heat let them stew slowly for about 20 minutes until they almost caramelate and mix them a few times.
- In a saucepan gather the onion (leave some for a decoration) without the laurel and the tomato pulp without the basil, heat for only 5 minutes and stir, add salt if needed.
- Apart from shaving tomato skins with basil, filter and pick up the scented juice mixing it with a few drops of raw Olio Poldo monovarietale Leccino and combine it with the cream before serving.
Chef Giuseppe Capano on Cucina e Salute